Mountain Trail Hiking
One thing about Seychelles Mountains are the more you see of it, the more incredible it is. Our network of nature walks and trails can take you through gentle forests and exclusive view. Either way, you can glimpse the wildest of wildlife and more of the breathtaking views for which Seychelles is famous for. Seychelles Mountain has various trails varies in difficulty from a gentle walk in the woods to a rigorous trek across rugged peaks.
All Hiking trails are accompanied with guide.
This is for the wild and adventurous one. We cater for those who like the hillside of our tropical island. The beaches are not the only beauty we can offer. The green pastures of Mahe are also a beauty for those who prefer the wilds. Transportation to and from the destination will be included.
• Anse Major- (1hr one way) (This relatively easy trail winds its way along the rocky northwestern coastline of Mahé, leading to the small secluded beach of Anse Major).
• Cassedent- (1hr15mins one way) (Cassedent is a relatively long walk of continuous ascends and descends through fascinating communities of screw pines, a palm marsh and endemic trees, with a natural waterfall at trail’s end for the perfect resting spot).
• Copolia- (45mins one way)(This trail spills out onto the wide expanse of a granite mountaintop with 360 degree views, and provides easy access to the unique flora found in the intermediate altitudes of Seychelles).
• Glacis Trois Frères- (2hrs 45mins one way) (With an altitude of 300 meters, the Glacis Trois Frères trail offers a magnificent view of Victoria, the Ste Anne Marine Park and other easterly islands in the archipelago, including Praslin and La Digue on clear days).
• Mare Aux Cochons- (1hr one way) (Deep in the Morne Seychellois National Park, this is a series of interlinked trails with the upland valley of Mare Aux Cochons as the focus, allowing hikers to customize their experience depending on their own level of fitness and specific interests).
• Morne Blanc- (1hr 30mins one way) (The trail leads to a platform perched atop the sheer cliff of Morne Blanc, with spectacular panoramic views and from which you can see tropicbirds swirling above and below you. Mountain forest areas such as these are common homes for many of Seychelles’ endemic birds, such as the Seychelles bulbul, the Seychelles swiftlet, and the Seychelles sunbird.You may also be able to hear the surprisingly loud calls of the world’s smallest frog, which is endemic to Seychelles, at 1 cm in length, finding one will prove much more difficult).
• Salazie- (1hr one way) (The first part of this trail is easy as it follows a road through cultivated mahogany forest and tea plantations. The last part of the trail is more challenging, passing through, dense forest and down a narrow path between undergrowth and boulders to a private housing estate).
What to wear:
• Sneaker Shoes
To obtain a quotation and proceed with reservation, please click the PRICING Button below or send us a Message for more queries.